Internships with the Idaho State Police
The Idaho State Police (ISP) has a variety opportunities for students wanting to learn more about a career of a lifetime. Interested in learning more about criminal justice, information technology, finance, or fingerprint identification? These are just a few options that may be available for you to experience.
ISP internship consideration includes, but is not limited to:
- Students must be willing to participate in an un-paid internship for approximately one semester.
- Students must pass a complete background and polygraph examination to include fingerprinting and compliance with the ISP drug policy prior to acceptance.
This process can take up to 90 days once a conditional offer of internship has been extended by ISP. Please review the ISP drug policy at http://www.isp.idaho.gov/hr/trooper_info/drug.html and ISP disqualifiers at https://www.isp.idaho.gov/hr/disqualifiers.html prior to considering an internship with ISP.
- If you are interested in pursuing an internship, please review the ISP drug policy and ISP disqualifiers. If you feel confident in your ability to pass a background investigation, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org a minimum of 90 days in advance of your preferred start date. A representative will contact you for more information and explain the internship program process.
Be advised, if you are issued a conditional offer of internship from ISP, you will be required to submit the following information:
- All required background paperwork to complete the ISP background and polygraph processes.
- School advisor contact information.
- Copies of transcripts from all educational institutions you have attended.
- Letter of intent including the internship criteria desired and what goals you want to achieve.
- Letter of recommendation from the department head or a professor of your declared major.