New recruits begin earning wages
as soon as they are hired. This includes time spent in the Idaho State Police Advanced Training Class (ATC). ATC is a comprehensive training program that meets Idaho POST certification training program requirements.
- $21.28 per hour to start for new recruits.
- Pay increase through Project CHOICE after successful completion of FTO (Field Training Officer) and one year probation.
- Eligible for overtime pay, holiday pay, and shift differential pay.
In addition to the salary and competitive benefits package, the Idaho State Police offers all eligible employees a program called Project CHOICE (Creating Hope, Opportunity, and Incentives for Career Employment). Project CHOICE is a career ladder and salary enhancement program that allows the department to give pay increases based on performance and for various accomplishments. Project CHOICE is available upon successful completion of probation. Note: All pay increases are subject to budget availability and approval.
Besides a competitive pay structure, the Idaho State Police offers an attractive benefits package that includes:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Group Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Workers’ Compensation Insurance
- Deferred Compensation and 401K Plans
- Disability Benefits
- Retirement System
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sick Leave, Vacation Leave, and Longevity
- Family Medical Leave
If you would like more information regarding benefits, please see
The State of Idaho Employee Portal and
The Idaho Division of Human Resources Benefits overview.