Idaho State Police Employment Disqualifiers
The following is a list of automatic employment disqualifiers at the Idaho State Police.
Do not apply if you:
- Have any felony conviction;
- Have any misdemeanor conviction within 5 years of your application date;
- Have ever been decertified as a peace officer in any state or jurisdiction;
- Have been given any of the following Military Discharges: Bad Conduct Discharge (BCD), Dishonorable Discharge (DD), or Administrative Discharge other than Honorable (OTH);
- Do not meet the requirements of the Idaho State Police Drug Policy;
- Have ever been fired from a job, with just cause, for any of the following reasons:
- Theft of company property;
- Misuse of company or department finances;
- Falsification of time reporting or other official documents;
- Sick leave abuse (use of sick time in violation of applicable laws, rules and procedures);
- Drug or alcohol use that negatively affected job performance; or
- Committing any form of illegal harassment.