Internships with the Idaho State Police
Idaho State Police internships have been placed on hold at this time. Please continue to watch this page for future updates.
The Idaho State Police (ISP) has a variety opportunities for students wanting to learn more about a career of a lifetime. Interested in learning more about criminal justice, information technology, finance, or fingerprint identification? These are just a few options that may be available for you to experience.
ISP internship consideration includes, but is not limited to:
- Students must be willing to participate in an un-paid internship for approximately one semester.
- Students must pass a complete background and polygraph examination to include fingerprinting and compliance with the ISP drug policy prior to acceptance.
This process can take up to 90 days once a conditional offer of internship has been extended by ISP. Please review the ISP drug policyand ISP disqualifiers prior to considering an internship with ISP.
- If you are interested in pursuing an internship, please review the ISP drug policy and ISP disqualifiers. If you feel confident in your ability to pass a background investigation, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org a minimum of 90 days in advance of your preferred start date. A representative will contact you for more information and explain the internship program process.
Be advised, if you are issued a conditional offer of internship from ISP, you will be required to submit the following information:
- All required background paperwork to complete the ISP background and polygraph processes.
- School advisor contact information.
- Copies of transcripts from all educational institutions you have attended.
- Letter of intent including the internship criteria desired and what goals you want to achieve.
- Letter of recommendation from the department head or a professor of your declared major.