Please review the following lists carefully to ensure you qualify for employment as an ISP Trooper.
You must meet the following requirements
Idaho Peace Officer Standards and Training requirements, which include:
- United States citizenship.
- Graduate of a high school, or GED equivalent.
- 2 or more years of responsible work experience or attendance at an institution of higher learning following high school graduation.
- Fingerprint clearance by the Idaho State Police Bureau of Criminal Identification and the FBI. A conviction or withheld judgment for any local, state, or federal crime may be grounds for rejection.
- You must posses a valid driver's license.
- Must meet the Idaho State Police (ISP) Drug Policy Requirements Drug Policy;
- Must meet the ISP medical, vision, and hearing requirements at ISP Standards;