Trooper Lateral Starting Pay Rates
To be eligible for an ISP Trooper Lateral position you must have a current Idaho POST Basic Patrol (or higher) Certificate or the equivalent from another state. Lateral officers with at least three consecutive years experience may receive an additional pay incentive. The starting pay rate listed below is subject to change and limited to budget availability.
|Years of Law Enforcement Experience||Base Pay Rate Per Hour|
3 to 5.9 years
6 to 8.9 years
9 or more years
Other Benefits Include:
- Project CHOICE (Creating Hope, Opportunity, and Incentives for Career Employment) – A career ladder and salary enhancement program that allows the department to give pay increases based on performance and for various accomplishments. Project CHOICE is available upon successful completion of probation.
- Overtime pay, holiday pay, and shift differential pay.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Group Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Workers’ Compensation Insurance
- Deferred Compensation and 401K Plans
- Disability Benefits
- Retirement System
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sick Leave, Vacation Leave, and Longevity
- Family Medical Leave