Financial and Surplus

Serving the Idaho State Police’s budgeting, accounting, purchasing and inventory needs.
  • Accounts payable
  • Accounts receivable
  • Budget
  • Facilities management
  • Financial reporting
  • Grant accounting
  • Inventory management
  • Purchasing
  • Surplus distribution and disposal
  • Warehousing

Frequently Asked Questions
Information on purchasing, electronic payments, and transfers.

Surplus Property

Agency sales: Surplus property is available for direct sale to State of Idaho agencies and political subdivisions at any time. Current surplus items may be viewed on the Board of Examiners website.

  • Contact Supply Operations Supervisor Randy Byrne (208-884-7031):
    • Additional items that have surpassed their declaration time period.
    • Idaho law enforcement agencies looking to purchase restricted items.

Public sales: With few exceptions, surplus property is sold to the public through a variety of auction methods, including, but not limited to:

Surplus Vehicles

Agency sales. For a listing of vehicles available for direct sale to State of Idaho agencies and political subdivisions, contact Fleet Manager Sgt. Scow (208-884-7297) for more details. Idaho law enforcement agencies looking to purchase fully upfitted patrol vehicles should also contact the Fleet Manager.

Public sales. Vehicles may be available for sale to the public through periodic live and internet auctions, normally once or twice a year. Auctions are typically conducted in Nampa by:

Note: Listed auction services sell Idaho State Police surplus equipment and should not be considered an endorsement of the services they provide.

Idaho Code 67-5726 prohibits agency employees, their spouses and dependents, or any person acting on their behalf from acquiring surplus property from the agency in which they are employed. Acquiring surplus property from another agency is allowed.

ver: 1.0.0 | last updated: