Please review the following lists carefully to ensure you qualify for employment as an ISP Trooper.
Applicants must meet the entrance requirements outlined in Idaho Administrative Code 11.11.01 – Rules of the Idaho Peace Officer Standards & Training (POST) Council
- Shall be a citizen of the United States.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited high school, or GED equivalent.
- Shall be a minimum of twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Possess a valid driving license from their state of residence and qualify for an Idaho driver’s license.
- Fingerprint clearance by the Idaho State Police Bureau of Criminal Identification and the FBI. A conviction or withheld judgment for any local, state, or federal crime may be grounds for rejection
- Successfully complete a background investigation.
- Attest to the Code of Ethics/Standards of Conduct on POST application.
- Applicants must successfully complete a polygraph examination.
- Must meet the Idaho State Police (ISP) Drug Policy Requirements.
- Must meet the ISP medical, vision, hearing, psychological, and physical fitness requirements.
- Must have two (2) or more years of responsible work experience or attendance at an institution of higher learning following high school graduation.
- Must successfully complete the ISP Advanced Training Course, including obtaining a POST Basic Certification, and the post-graduate Field Training Officer (FTO) program.
ISP Employment Disqualifiers – what could prevent me from being a successful candidate?